Thank you for visiting the Strategic Language Institute (SLI) website. Your privacy is very important to us. Simply stated, we do not collect personal information about you when you visit the SLI website unless you choose to make such information available to us.
When you visit the SLI site, the University’s web server automatically recognizes only the internet domain and IP address from which you accessed the site. This information does not result in the identification of your personal email address or other personal information.
In addition, information is only gathered regarding the volume and timing of access to the site by collecting information on the date, time and pages you visited while at the site. This is done so that the content of the site can be improved, and your personal information is not identified or shared with other organizations.
If you choose to share personal information with us, such as by subscribing to an e-newsletter, sending a message, or filling out an electronic form with personal information, the information will be saved for a designated period of time in order to comply with the state of Florida’s archiving policies. However, information will not be disclosed to third parties or other government agencies, unless required by state or federal law. Please note that Florida’s public records law requires that all information received in connection with state business be made available to anyone upon request, unless the information is subject to a specific statutory exemption. If you do not want your email address disclosed as a public record, please contact the University via telephone or by U.S. mail.
Payment and Refund Policy
The cost for group classes is $800.00 for each module, which includes the $200 non-refundable registration and processing fee, class tuition (40 contact hours), and additional materials provided by the instructor. Cost of the class textbook and on-campus parking is excluded. Payment can be made using a credit card by visiting our secure Payment Portal. FIU's payment card data processing is handled by a third-party provider, CyberSource, a leading global provider of credit card processing, fraud and security risk management solutions.
SLI offers the following payment options:
Payment in full: Single payment of $800.00 due at registration.
2-Payment plan: A deposit of $400.00 due at registration, and a final payment of $400 due 30 days after start of class.
3-Payment plan: A deposit of $400 due at registration, and 2 subsequent payments of $200 each, due 15 days after start and 30 days after start of class.
Registration and processing fee of $200 is nonrefundable; this fee is included in the total cost of the course. A refund for the remainder of the course fee may be issued under the following circumstances:
1. You must submit a request in writing to officially cancel your enrollment on or before five (5) calendar days from the date of the commencement of the class, and
2. SLI must receive your written request for refund of the course fee on or before five (5) calendar days from the date of the commencement of the course.
3. You must submit written cancellation and refund requests by email to email@example.com, or by U.S. Mail (postmarked within the 5-day period) to the SLI Registrar at:
Strategic Language Institute
School of International and Public Affairs
Florida International University
Modesto A. Maidique Campus, SIPA 511
11200 SW 8th Street
Miami, FL 33199
4. Failure to submit the cancellation or refund request in a timely manner waives any claims you may have for a refund of the course fee.
If the request for refund is approved by SLI, the refund will be for the amount paid to date (full course fee or deposit) minus the $200 registration and processing fee. No refund will be made for a course that is cancelled after the 5th calendar day following the start of the class. If the course does not start because of insufficient enrollment, or it is canceled by SLI for any reason, the student will be refunded the full amount paid; registration fee is only held if cancellation is initiated by the student.
5. Military service members who are required to interrupt a class due to deployment or unscheduled training, with appropriate documentation, will be given credit to join the next available equivalent class (same language/same level) either from the beginning or at the point they left off, at no extra cost. This accommodation is granted so U.S service members may eventually complete the language class they began, despite being called into duty.
6. SLI will make every effort to assure that classes are not cancelled. However, any individual classes that are cancelled due to unforeseen emergencies or inclement weather that is beyond the control of SLI will not be rescheduled, nor will any fees be refunded.
If you have any questions regarding the Strategic Language Institute's policies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone at 305-348-7222.